District 3-4 Gwinnett, Newton, Rockdale
This fellowship posting is in District 3-4 Gwinnett, Newton, Rockdale (GNR) in Lawrenceville, Georgia. The fellow selected for this position will be an employee of Emory University’s Rollins School of Public Health for the duration of the fellowship, but will spend their time working as a level 1 epidemiologist within the GNR District. This position has the ability to work remotely for 1 day per week.
The Fellow can expect to engage in a variety of epidemiologic activities with priorities being:
- Notifiable disease case and outbreak investigations
- Data analysis
- Community health/needs assessments
In addition to regular duties, the Fellows will need to complete an oral/poster presentation and at least two required analytic, evaluation, or quality improvement projects such as:
- Collaborating with a Data Epidemiologist and a Chronic Disease Epidemiologist to pull and analyze epidemiologic data and submitting both qualitative and quantitative infectious disease data to the Community Health Data Dashboard. Updating and pulling data incrementally throughout the year.
- Partnering with long-term care facility partners, a Nurse Epidemiologist, an Environmental Epidemiologist, and others on the team to assess partner needs, coordinate, and help facilitate continuous, preemptive infection control trainings for our long-term care
- Working closely with community partners to provide infection control guidance following notification of an infectious disease illness or outbreak among a facility’s residents/ staff
- Participating in standard disease surveillance activities and the epi program’s 24-hour on-call functionality.